Windows 7 Problems Connecting to Win2000/2003 Servers

nicechiguy2000

This problem suddenly appeared and after I had successfully managed to connect to the servers. I recently purchased this Dell XPS 8300 with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium and am trying to connect to a Win2000 and a Win2003 server. I can connect to other Windows 7 machines on this network without incident.

I can see the servers in my network, but when I attempt to login, after the first login attempt I get the box showing MININT-9MI7DN\Admini... MININT-9MI7DN was the name of this computer before I renamed it.

Showing%20Wrong%20Computer%20Name.jpg

I then try to login using the "Use Different Account" option and I put in (server name)\(userid) and password, but then I get the second image attached to this post. I've also tried \(server name)\(userid) but with no greater success.

Still%20can't%20connect%20after%20using%20slash%20login.jpg

Also, on the computer that is having problems, the system tray icon for the network shows the "X" but when I put the mouse over it, it shows Internet Access.

Network%20Connection%20Tray%20Icon.jpg

And I do have Internet access on this machine since I am posting this message from the problem machine. I don't know if this system tray icon issue is related but, thought I would mention it.

I have ensured that all computers are in the same workgroup.
I have turned off IPv6 on the machine having issues.
I have made sure that NetBIOS help for IPv4 is enabled.
I have tested logging into these accounts on these servers from other Windows 7 64-bit machines, and have been able to do so without a problem.

Any help that you can offer would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom