Windows 7 Question regarding Nagle's algorithm.

Redlines

I have Nagle's algorithm disabled in Windows XP in order to reduce my latency to certain games, can anyone guide me through disabling it in Windows 7? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Windows7forums..

I'm pretty sure this is what your looking for:

SpeedGuide.net :: Windows Vista / 2008 Tweaks

Scroll down about half way and you'll see the title Gaming Tweak - Disable Nagle's Algorithm

NOTE: This covers Windows Vista and not Win 7 specifically but it should work for Win 7 as well since Vista and 7 are very similar "under the hood".. That being said, these tweaks are to be done AT YOUR OWN RISK!

No problem at all, Glad I could help! Hopefully it works out for you.. Be sure to post back and let us know how you made out..

Welcome to the forum this way to

Nagle's algorithm. Can seriously reduce latency in games . How about file transfers ? Do you disable it for normal day to day use or enable the algorithm ?

Doesn't seem to work unfortunately, I created the TcpAckFrequency Dword value and set it to 1 and it didn't do anything. Another thing worth noting is that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters doesnt seem to exist in vista or windows 7, so setting the TcpNoDelay value doesn't work. After googling a bit more it seems that Vista needed a hotfix in order to disable nagle's algorithm, perhaps Windows 7 is the same.