Windows 7 Quick Question: Acer Aspire not finding wifi networks

88moonunit

Hey guys-

My sister just got a Acer Aspire One 5032H, which came with the crappy windows 7 starter on it, and all WAS working.

I installed windows 7 ultimate, which I got through my company and have installed on over 6 computers before with no problems.

THE Problem
After installing the new operating system, the wifi card (Atheros) does not find our home wifi network. The other computers in the house pick up the wifi fine. Ive installed the newest version of the driver several times and tried the uninstall stuff as well. Ive updated a few other drivers as well by plugging the computer into an Ethernet cable.

The orange light is on under the wifi symbol (no sure if it should be blue), the computer says that the card is working properly, and that it is enabled.

Please help!

Hey.

In the start menu, type services.msc and hit enter. Make sure that the WLAN Autoconfig service is set to automatic and that it is also currently enabled too.

If the driver installation package installed any type of software along with it, your best bet is to uninstall it and let WLAN Autoconfig handle the connection.

Just make sure the actual driver itself is not uninstalled if you do uninstall the associated software.

I am also the owner of the new Acer one 532H and changed the Windows Starter to Windows Home Premium. Since then WiFi is not working. The Acer Support was not very helpful. They want money for an advice for their computer that is under warranty. Please help. Chris

the driver is not installed, i no this because i have 2 laptops which are acers and they dont work without the driver

go to windows update, select optional updates and one of the options WILL be Aethros for your driver, select this, install and reboot

and yes it does go blue :)

Back