Windows 7 Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Win 7 64

madmikess

I can't get this to run at all. I get an hourglass and then nothing. The app shows running in taskmanager but that's all. I have other games, particularly steam apps that work fine. GTA IV, Left 4 Dead and Lord of the Rings Online. They all work fine, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the only one so far that doesn't load at all. Any thoughts?

System:
Core 2 Quad q6600
4gb ram
Asus P5B Deluxe
Radeon 4850 with the latest beta windows 7 drivers.
HT Omega Striker 7.1 with the latest C-Media drivers.

I can't get this to run at all. I get an hourglass and then nothing. The app shows running in taskmanager but that's all. I have other games, particularly steam apps that work fine. GTA IV, Left 4 Dead and Lord of the Rings Online. They all work fine, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the only one so far that doesn't load at all. Any thoughts?

System:
Core 2 Quad q6600
4gb ram
Asus P5B Deluxe
Radeon 4850 with the latest beta windows 7 drivers.
HT Omega Striker 7.1 with the latest C-Media drivers.

i'm guessing you'ce tried changing the rainbow vegas 2 exe to compatability mode for vista/xp sp2?

i'll try this game soon and let you know what happens for me. i'm also running win7 build 7000 x64

Do you have an ATI graphics card? It's looking like a possibility that it's a graphics driver issue. Let me know.

Just to add more information. I installed Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and patched it to the latest version and it works fine in Windows 7 x64. Currently reinstalling Vegas 2 to see if it was maybe something corrupted.

ok i just installed vegas 2. i ran everything in compatability mode plus administrator right off the bat. everything ran smoothly. installed with no hiccups, game loaded and ran fine. layed first checkpoint and everything was still fine.

i'm running:

Core 2 Quad q9550
4gb ram
asus p5e3 premium
sapphire radeon hd 3870 with latest win7 beta drivers

so you installed fine right? and it just won't load anything when u run the launcher?

Last edited:
Well, at least that debunks the ATI driver issue. Good to hear. I'm reinstalling right now, about 50% done. I'll see if it works when it's done. Thank you for trying that out.

lol np, it's a good game, maybe i'll do a quick run through of the campaign, but there's so many other games to finish... fallout3, dead space, gta 4, mirror's edge...and so on

Well, I think I found the problem. And now need to find some way of resolving it.

I have UAC set to the lowest above no notification at all. If I set the steam client to run in compatibility mode of XP/SP2 R6V2 will load no problems. Problem now is that I get UAC notifications that I have to click on whenI load up R6V2. Not really a big deal but annoying anyway. If I set UAC completely off, back to not being able to load R6V2 again. At least I figured out where the problem is coming from. But it's something within the steam client. Funny thing is that I don't have the same problem with other games out of steam. Any thoughts on this?

Yes, that's why I said it works fine with the no-cd crack, steam client doesn't have to be running. But I'm not sure if that would prevent me from playing online. Otherwise I need the steam client running all the time.

Back