Windows 7 Random Reboots (In Windows, BIOS, etc.)

soyobro

I am having trouble with "random" reboots of my system. Reboots can occur while playing games, watching videos, in BIOS menus, in safe mode, or running diagnostic software. The screen will go blank, and a BSOD is seen rarely. I first noticed a random reboot while playing Starcraft 2 about 2 weeks ago.

I have performed the following measures to try to isolate the problem:
  • Removed overclock of CPU from 2.8GHz back to default 2.4GHz. Reset all BIOS settings to default.
  • Ran CPU Stress Test (System Reboots During Test)
  • Ran GPU Stress Test (FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net) - (System reboots during test)
  • Ran MemTest (MemTest: RAM reliability tester for Windows) at least an hour in Win7 (No errors detected, system reboots during test)
  • Ran MemTest86+ (Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool) from bootable USB (No errors detected, system reboots during test)
  • Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic (No errors found)
  • Ran CHKDSK at startup (No bad sectors detected, system reboots about 2 hours in)
  • Swapped Memory Module Positions
  • Used only a single stick of RAM of each stick
  • Swapped out GPU (ATI 5870 for ATI 4850)
  • Disconnected additional hardware (2nd HDD, DVD Drive)
  • Ran Windows System Restore to a known date when problem was not occurring
  • Temperatures of CPU, GPU, System, HDD's are all within expected levels even under stress. However, to be sure I put a huge fan next to my opened case.
  • Cleaned case for any dust
After completing all the above tests, diagnostics, hardware swaps the random reboots still occur.

I am running out of ideas, and I have a feeling the problem is being caused by the CPU, MOBO, or PSU.

From the few BSOD's that occured the following were the error messages w/ frequency:
2x STOP 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
1x STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

BSOD Dump & System File Collection and System Health Report have been attached.

System Info:
Windows 7 Home x64 (OEM) (1yr since install)
Custom Built PC (3yrs old - except for GPU)
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials

Hardware:
CPU: 2.4GHz E6600 Core 2 Duo
MOBO: Asus P5W DH DELUXE
RAM: PC2-6400 2x1GB DDR2 800MHZ
GPU: ATI 5870
HDD: Seagate 750GB SATA2 7200RPM
PSU: ANTEC 650W POWER SUPPLY

I would really appreciate any help that anyone can provide. Thank you kindly in advance.

Attachments

• Windows7_BSOD_jcgriff2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 628
Hi...

I've answered your thread here:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Please contain all future posts to one or the other, since both will only confuse matters. Also, if you'd like my assistance, please refrain from seeking help any other place. Too many cooks...ya know? heh heh

Cool. Ya, just to clarify. It's really good when others help out here, too. What I mean is that it's not good when others help out (on other sites) - when I can't see or don't know what they're telling you.

Back