Windows 8 Randomly getting sent to last application open.

Viveka

I go onto chrome. Randomly when I'm typing I get sent to my last open application.
I'm using 8.1 Windows on a Lenovo.
Anybody know how to fix this?

Solution
If you're experiencing issues where typing in Chrome occasionally sends you to your last open application on Windows 8.1, this could be due to various reasons. Here are some troubleshooting steps and potential solutions to address this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Keyboard Settings:
    • Check Keyboard:
      • Ensure your keyboard is functioning properly without any stuck keys or physical issues.
      []Keyboard Shortcuts:
      • Confirm that there are no conflicting keyboard shortcuts that might be triggering a switch to the last open application inadvertently.
    []Chrome Issues:
    • Extensions and Add-ons:
      • Disable or remove any Chrome extensions or add-ons...
If you're experiencing issues where typing in Chrome occasionally sends you to your last open application on Windows 8.1, this could be due to various reasons. Here are some troubleshooting steps and potential solutions to address this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Keyboard Settings:
    • Check Keyboard:
      • Ensure your keyboard is functioning properly without any stuck keys or physical issues.
      []Keyboard Shortcuts:
      • Confirm that there are no conflicting keyboard shortcuts that might be triggering a switch to the last open application inadvertently.
    []Chrome Issues:
    • Extensions and Add-ons:
      • Disable or remove any Chrome extensions or add-ons that might be causing interference with keyboard input or app switching behavior.
      []Clear Cache and Cookies:
      • Clearing the cache and cookies in Chrome can sometimes resolve random issues caused by corrupted data.
    []Windows Settings:
    • Task Switching
      • Check if the Windows key is getting stuck or if there are any software conflicts causing unintended application switching.
      []Check Settings:
      • Review the settings related to multitasking and app switching in Windows to see if there are any configurations that could be triggering this behavior.
      [
      ]Updates:
      • Ensure both Windows and Chrome are up to date with the latest patches and updates.
    []Malware and Viruses:
    • Perform a full system scan using Windows Defender or a reliable antivirus program to rule out any malware causing this behavior.
    [
    ]Keyboard Driver:
    • Check for any updates to your keyboard driver. A faulty or outdated driver could potentially cause unexpected keyboard behavior.
    []System Restart:
    • Restart your computer to refresh all system processes and potentially resolve any temporary software glitches causing this issue.
    [
    ]Keyboard Accessibility Settings:
    • In Windows, make sure that no accessibility settings are inadvertently enabled that could cause this behavior.
By following these steps, you can identify and address the underlying cause of the issue where typing in Chrome sends you to the last open application. If the problem persists, further investigation into specific settings or software conflict resolution may be necessary to resolve the issue effectively.

Solution
Back