Windows 7 randomly having limited internet connection

mattsanders

Hi guys
I have had a little bit of trouble with my internet connection lately. sometimes i just get limited connection or it will just stop working. what i mean by that is it'll be working fine and then i get a little yellow exclamation mark over my wireless and it says limited access and i can't connect to the internet. i try disabling it and then re-enabling it, troubleshooting, and turning my router on and off again. i think it generally works fine when i restart my computer, but i don't want to have to be restarting all the time and having an unreliable connection. i've got a thomson tg585 v8 wireless router and under my device manager it says i have Atheros AR9285 Wireless network adapter and intel 82579V Gigabit Network connection.
any ideas? my flatmate whos running vista also always has trouble with the connection but the other two don't, one running 7 and the other on vista or 7 not sure, and my old xp was fine.
cheers heaps!
Matt

sometimes i just get limited connection or it will just stop working. what i mean by that is it'll be working fine and then i get a little yellow exclamation mark over my wireless and it says limited access and i can't connect to the internet. i try disabling it and then re-enabling it, troubleshooting, and turning my router on and off again. i think it generally works fine when i restart my computer

Make sure no software such as firewall distorts the connection.
Report this issue to your Internet Provider.

Back