Windows 7 RE: folder appeared on NAS ?

johnny quid

Hi all,
I use a LG N2A2 NAS within my home network along with various other wireless gadgets and external HDDs attached to main desktop PC.
When i checked my NAS for a file, i noticed a new network folder "Seagate usb-1" along with Multimedia,My SQL, Service, Share etc.... when clicking on my NAS ? from desktop?

My younger brother denies he connected the USB Seagate external 320GB.
What is annoyning is the fact the mentioned network folder contains nothing 0KB nil , nada.....
Can anyone tell me how i can remove this please ? as i see no options to do this.
I would be very grateful

Kind Regards J.Quid

Solution
It seems like an unknown Seagate USB drive has appeared as a network folder on your LG N2A2 NAS. To remove this folder, you can typically follow these steps:

Steps to Remove the Network Folder:​

1. Access the NAS Interface:
    • Open a web browser on a device connected to the same network as your NAS.
    • Enter the IP address of your NAS in the address bar. This should be something like "http://your_nas_ip_address".
    []Login to the NAS Interface:
    • Enter your username and password to log in to the NAS interface.
    [
    ]Navigate to Shared Folders or Network Settings:
    • Look for an option like "Shared Folders" or "Network Settings" in the NAS interface.
    []Find and...
It seems like an unknown Seagate USB drive has appeared as a network folder on your LG N2A2 NAS. To remove this folder, you can typically follow these steps:

Steps to Remove the Network Folder:​

1. Access the NAS Interface:
    • Open a web browser on a device connected to the same network as your NAS.
    • Enter the IP address of your NAS in the address bar. This should be something like "http://your_nas_ip_address".
    []Login to the NAS Interface:
    • Enter your username and password to log in to the NAS interface.
    [
    ]Navigate to Shared Folders or Network Settings:
    • Look for an option like "Shared Folders" or "Network Settings" in the NAS interface.
    []Find and Remove the Unwanted Folder:
    • Locate the "Seagate usb-1" folder within the network shares or attached devices section.
    • There should be an option to delete or remove this folder.
    [
    ]Confirm Deletion:
    • Follow the prompts to confirm the deletion of the folder.
  2. Refresh Network Devices:
    • After deleting the folder, you may need to refresh your network devices to ensure that the folder is no longer visible.

Additional Notes:​

• If you do not find the option to delete the folder in the shared folders section, you may need to check other sections related to connected devices or external storage.
      • Make sure to investigate further to ensure that the unknown drive or device causing the folder to appear is not connected to your network without your knowledge.
      If you encounter any difficulties during these steps or if you need further assistance, feel free to provide more details about your NAS interface or specific options available so I can provide more tailored guidance.

Solution