Windows 7 Ready Boost??

rickory

Extraordinary Member
I am using a 2gig stick ready boost certified yet the cpu processing increases for about 4min. after start-up between 4 and 20 % then relaxes to the normal 2-4%. Also ram percentage increased to 47%. Normal would be 41%.
I would think neither of these two things would happen! Any comments?:confused:

Solution
I was just refering to installing SP1 as a matter of course... It's easier using the 'Standalone version' as you don't have to have the required updates first (as they're included). I think SP1 at the last count had around 500 fixes, the kernal is rewritten and file loading/copying is faster. Also if you run an ATI card SP1 provides support for Direct X 10.1 (although no games currently support this apart from Assassins Creed )
When I reformat I first install vista and then the service pack. I do this before I put any drivers on ect as I think it's the best way to apply service packs... Especially how this one rewrites the kernal some-what..
There is a thread for games and other general B.S.

Don't get me wrong I get Off Topic sometimes myself.
I'm not trying to be an ass, But the thing is if someone is looking for information on (whatever) the topic is
and they start reading the thread and it veers off the subject too far they will stop reading and go somewhere else. :frown:

Agreed and I need to learn so I will keep totally on point from now on because as said thats what the users expect.

Don't mind me fatboy, I'm just messin'.... Anyway back to ReadyBoost, are you still using it?

Back