Windows 7 ReadyNAS DUO does not show up under "Network -> Computers"

shortskoolbus

My NAS used to show up as a computer under "Network -> Computer", i'm not sure why but it no longer shows up there. I do see the NAS under "Network -> Storage Devices" but clicking this only brings me to the admin page of the NAS and does not allow me to browse the NAS.

Typing in either the IP address or the Domain Name of the NAS directly into the address bar will allow me to access and browse the NAS, and while I'm browsing it i do see that it shows up under "Network" on the left window of the explorer column. It shows up with the name which I used to access it (i.e. either the IP address if that's what i typed, or the domain) .

Can anybody help me with this and tell me why the NAS isn't showing up under as a "computer" under "Network"?

I understand i can work around this by mapping a network drive as well, but would rather figure out the root cause of the issue.

Thanks.

I do not have such a drive, so I can only ask some questions.

You do have network discovery turned on?

Have you changed anything regarding your network that could be related?

You mention domain, are you running a domain setup or just a LAN?

If you are not running a HomeGroup, you might try turning off IPv6 to see if it makes a difference.

I just solved this problem for my home network - running Windows 7.
My laptop was attached to the network through both an ethernet cable and wirelessly. Running network diagnostics suggested that two connections might cause a conflict. After disabling the wireless connection I could see the NAS device and browse files on it. Hiope that helps.

My NAS used to show up as a computer under "Network -> Computer", i'm not sure why but it no longer shows up there. I do see the NAS under "Network -> Storage Devices" but clicking this only brings me to the admin page of the NAS and does not allow me to browse the NAS.

Typing in either the IP address or the Domain Name of the NAS directly into the address bar will allow me to access and browse the NAS, and while I'm browsing it i do see that it shows up under "Network" on the left window of the explorer column. It shows up with the name which I used to access it (i.e. either the IP address if that's what i typed, or the domain) .

Can anybody help me with this and tell me why the NAS isn't showing up under as a "computer" under "Network"?

I understand i can work around this by mapping a network drive as well, but would rather figure out the root cause of the issue.

Thanks.

It shows up with the name which I used to access it
Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL

Back