Windows 7 recover batch file or unavailability of "undo system restore" in W7

brainuee

I was writing scripts in batch file......But after some time, explorer started crashing repeatedly n frequently, so i had to do the system restore in safe mode.....After system restore, i lost my batch file,which is very important. So i wanted to undo the restore, but it is not available, i don't know why? So plz help me either undoing the system restore or how to get my batch files... plz help...

Solution
Losing important files, especially like your batch file, can be quite frustrating. Let's try to tackle this step by step:
### Recovering Batch File:
1. Search for the Batch File:
- Check your recycle bin to see if the batch file was accidentally deleted.
- Search your computer for the file using the Windows search function.
2. Data Recovery Software:
- Consider using data recovery software like Recuva, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, or similar tools to attempt to recover the lost batch file.

### Undoing System Restore:
1. Check Available Restore Points:
- Check if there are any other available restore points that might have been created before the one you used.
2. System Restore from Command...
Losing important files, especially like your batch file, can be quite frustrating. Let's try to tackle this step by step:
### Recovering Batch File:
1. Search for the Batch File:
- Check your recycle bin to see if the batch file was accidentally deleted.
- Search your computer for the file using the Windows search function.
2. Data Recovery Software:
- Consider using data recovery software like Recuva, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, or similar tools to attempt to recover the lost batch file.

### Undoing System Restore:
1. Check Available Restore Points:
- Check if there are any other available restore points that might have been created before the one you used.
2. System Restore from Command Prompt:
- You can attempt to run system restore from the command prompt by booting into the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).
3. Data Recovery after System Restore:
- If the above steps do not work, and the batch file was not recovered, you can still try using data recovery software to attempt to retrieve the lost file after the system restore.
### Additional Tips:
  • Backup Data Regularly: It's always advisable to keep backups of important files to avoid such data loss scenarios in the future.
  • Disable Automatic Updates: Sometimes, an update might interfere with the system restore points. Consider disabling automatic updates temporarily if you suspect this as a cause.
Try these steps and let me know if you need further assistance in any specific areas.

Solution
Back