Windows 10 Recovering from System Cloning errors

Tombergen

Trying to fix GPT Partition name corruption from cloning original HDD to a new M-2 pci (NVMe) SDD on a Dell XPS desktop using Todo EaseUS (what a mistake that was!). System works but generates XML script errors when doing disk image backup (0x 8087800A1 with error msg: 2155348129).

I can boot to the SSD, but if I select to boot from the HDD the SDD no longer shows in device manager, disk manager or diskpart even though it is detected in BIOS. It doesn't matter which sata cable I use for the HDD. If I could get it to show up, I could use diskpart to clean & repartition either while running windows from the HDD or with the HDD disconnected from a windows installation usb drive. Alternatively, if I could find the source for the XML script data element GptName, perhaps it could be edited. Is it in the registry?

Thank you. I saw that page once, but couldn't find it again. It proved relatively simple to rename the corrupt fields using gdisk's "c" command. Download from SourceForge and read http://rodsbooks.com/gdisk/walkthrough.html first. You'll also use the "l" command to list partitions and "w" to save changes.

Back
Top Bottom