Windows 7 Recurrent BSOD

Hi, Kemical. While my System managed to run flawlessly for over Twenty-Four hours, It still froze right after my Mom moved the Wifi adapter around. Luckily, I was connected to it with my phone so I noticed right way; And Obviously, the os had frozen. It also froze at me earlier today. Currently, I'm running on a Different WiFi Adapter. I'll update you with how it Goes soon. Thank you : )

Oh, and for the first time in a Month, My Computer managed to complete a marathon of Twenty-Four Hours of Up time without Blue screening.

Great news, it sounds like your getting somewhere and i look forward to your next update.. :)

Hi, Kemical. So I have switched the Wireless Adapter and everything seemed to work fine. Then I used the one I suspected to be freezing and taking the OS down with it and the System indeed froze. The interesting thing though is that I went back to the other Adapter and the system became Unresponsive at one point, but unlike the usual hangs, the Monitor was still displaying something (a Dark, Grey image) and When I pressed the power button, It powered off immediately. And when I woke up, I found a message saying the Computer has had a BSOD when I wasn't watching. The Dump file is below. Please check it out.

Attachments

• 082616-19765-01.rar
    25.1 KB · Views: 377
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002ce61fc, fffff8800894fc90, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObReferenceObjectSafe+c )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this dump file can be caused by a faulty system service, gpu drivers passing bad data to the kernel and possible memory issues.

I see the process running at the time was STEAM.

Have you re-installed Eset as it looks like you have? (the only reason I ask is because I think it might be clashing with another driver but we'll see)

I have a hunch that the problem may stem from this driver:
easyanticheat.sys: Easy Anti Cheat Driver (Used to prevent cheating in video games) Please remove for testing purposes and check bsod has stopped. If it hasn't please post the dump files.

Also these drivers could do with updating:
Dnetr28ux.sys Wed Aug 05 14:59:46 2009: D-Link Wifi LAN Card
Support

HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel engine management driver. Your motherboard support page has drivers which are slightly later than the driver shown. You need both chipset and Intel management engine driver because even though they are both chipset drivers, they are both needed.
Same goes for the rest of the drivers, use your discretion as to which drivers are needed but if in doubt please ask.
BIOSTAR :: Motherboard

My bad, Yes, I have reinstalled it. I'll uninstall until everything is working fine again.

Steam was, indeed, Running and easy cheat is used by a game called Robocraft. I'll remove it and make sure Easy Anti Cheat Driver is gone.

I'm downloading the Drivers, and I'll install them one by one then Reboot.

Thank you, Kemical : )

Eset on it's own may be alright so you could try keeping it and see how you go?

Alright, I'll keep it and remove Easy Anti Cheat and see if that helps : )

I have never had such issue before. Is there any Software out there that could keep logging any system activity that could help us figure what might be causing the OS to Freeze when it's not a BSOD case ? The other wireless Adapter used to require re-plugging ever since I had a DDR2 Motherboard. That was months ago, but it never took the System down. What I have noticed now, is that I never have to do that anymore, but that could only mean that Instead of blacking out once in a good while, it does so now and takes the System down with it so Instead of me going and unplugging and re-plugging it again, I press and hold the power button.

Your still freezing?

Does the freezing occur when you do something in particular or is it random?

Check the event log straight after a freezing event and see whats written.

Think back to anything new you might have added recently, either hardware or software.

If it still proves troublesome to find then you could go into troubleshooting mode and remove everything so that only the C drive is installed along with keyboard and mouse. Even better would be if you could connect to the net via ethernet cable.

Anyway the idea is that you take the system back to it's basics of 1 drive, 1 monitor, ect...

Perform a clean install making sure once your in the 'choose your drive' section you wipe all partitions from the drive first and then simply click next. Once your back into windows slowly start adding things back making sure you have a test period after each addition, this includes hardware as well as apps and drivers.
Eventually this should reveal the culprit it's just a shame it takes so long.

I have just had this new kind of issue where no bandwidth gets in and the wireless icon on the bottom right would still show I'm connected to the router even if I unplug the Wireless adapter. Going to Device Manager and attempting to Disable/Enable it results in freezing for a while and then stopping to respond. In short, I get stuck. Also, when that happened, I was about to change the Desktop background to a solid color but Personalization hanged on me. Attempting to shut down the system goes well until it attempts to shut down User Profile Manager where it stays there forever and the HDD Led Indicates no activity. One Major change I have done recently is Switching from Windows 7 32bit to 64bit.

The freezing is completely erratic and unpredictable. Even log doesn't indicate errors happening right before the hang.

The only software I have added recently was Ostoto which I uninstalled.

Is troubleshooting mode the same as Safe Mode ?

I'm sorry but I have Multiple partitions on my HDD that I cannot wipe. I have, however, always wiped the Primary partitions before starting Fresh. I might start fresh again if the problem continues.

One Major change I have done recently is Switching from Windows 7 32bit to 64bit.
This was a clean install, yes? It had to be as you cannot upgrade from 32bit to 64bit .
If anything was left over from when you ran in 32bit mode then that could be why your seeing so many issues. Is there no way to back up whatever it is you have on the C driver and wipe it completely?

Indeed, Yes. And the files I can't wipe are on other Partitions. I have no problem Wiping the C Partition since I can move files I want to keep from it to other Partitions which is what I did when I performed a clean install a week ago.

Were those other partitions created when you were in 32bit?

The data they contain is that 32bit too?

Yes. I have only decided to switch to 64bit when I got more RAM.

The data they contain do not affect the OS. All Programs and their Respective files are installed under The C drive.

Ok well, it's not perfect but you could still try this and just wipe the C partition:

If it still proves troublesome to find then you could go into troubleshooting mode and remove everything so that only the C drive is installed along with keyboard and mouse. Even better would be if you could connect to the net via ethernet cable.

Anyway the idea is that you take the system back to it's basics of 1 drive, 1 monitor, ect...

Perform a clean install making sure once your in the 'choose your drive' section you wipe all partitions from the drive first and then simply click next. Once your back into windows slowly start adding things back making sure you have a test period after each addition, this includes hardware as well as apps and drivers.
Eventually this should reveal the culprit it's just a shame it takes so long.

Hi, Kemical. I have got some Great News. Ever since I last posted, I haven't had any Issues with my Computer - The OS no longer Hangs. The Changes I have made other than uninstalling OStoto are Installing the Wireless Adapter Driver supplied by the Manufacturer as well as The Utility provided as a replacement to the Windows Default Wireless manager. I have also subdued any Errors related to IPV6 by Completely disabling it using Hot Fixes provided by Microsoft. Oh, And the Wireless Adapter utility also has an Option to create a Hotspot without the resort to 3rd party Softwares. The only Eccentricity that is left is the Reccurent Error saying "The DNS proxy agent was unable to allocate 0 bytes of memory." which, As I have read, is potentially triggered by ICS which I'm not disabling as long as it doesn't do much but Clutter my Event Viewer log.

Thank you for sticking Around : )

Hey Aladin,
thats great to hear, I did wonder how you were getting on and now i have my answer.. :) Great job and well done.

Excellent work all round. Thank you again for letting us know you got it fixed as this information could be useful to another poster.

Back