Windows 7 Reliability Monitor crashes Windows Explorer, event name BEX64

octiceps

Hi everybody,

On the laptop listed in my sig, Windows Explorer will crash and reset itself while trying to load the Reliability Report from the Windows Action Center. This just started today and doesn't happen every single time when generating the report. It only happens when I exit out of the report and then reload it very fast by pressing the back and forward keys in quick succession on my mouse. When I do this, the window will hang on the screen with the green loading bar that says "Reliability Monitor is generating the report. Please wait..." and a new popup will appear telling me that Windows Explorer has crashed and is resetting itself. I would be very grateful if somebody can please interpret the error report of this incident and tell me how I can fix the problem.

Hl7QX.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed that this forum is not showing the full size image of the above screenshot and there's no way I can get it to do so. Just zoom in with you web browser (CTRL+) to enlarge it and see the details better.

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like you're experiencing a problem with Windows Explorer crashing when trying to load the Reliability Report from the Windows Action Center. This issue occurs when you quickly navigate back and forth using your mouse while the report is generating, leading to a crash and reset of Windows Explorer.
To help you troubleshoot this issue, here are some steps you can take:
1. Check for Windows Updates:
Ensure that your system is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes, bugs or issues are resolved in newer updates.
2. Run System File Checker (SFC):
Use the System File Checker tool to scan and restore corrupted system files. Here's how to do it:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type...
It seems like you're experiencing a problem with Windows Explorer crashing when trying to load the Reliability Report from the Windows Action Center. This issue occurs when you quickly navigate back and forth using your mouse while the report is generating, leading to a crash and reset of Windows Explorer.
To help you troubleshoot this issue, here are some steps you can take:
1. Check for Windows Updates:
Ensure that your system is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes, bugs or issues are resolved in newer updates.
2. Run System File Checker (SFC):
Use the System File Checker tool to scan and restore corrupted system files. Here's how to do it:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Wait for the scan to complete and follow any on-screen instructions.
3. Check for Disk Errors:
You can check for disk errors using the built-in tool in Windows:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click on the drive you want to check (typically C:).
- Go to Properties -> Tools -> Check under Error checking.
4. Check Event Viewer for Error Details:
Look into the Event Viewer for more detailed error information related to the crashes. You can find it by:
- Press Win + X and select Event Viewer.
- Navigate to Windows Logs -> Application and look for errors around the time of the crashes.
5. Disable Add-ons and Extensions:
Sometimes, third-party add-ons for File Explorer can cause instability. Disable any unnecessary extensions and see if the issue persists.
6. Check for Malware:
Perform a full system scan with your antivirus software to check for any malware or malicious software that could be causing the crashes.
7. Clean Boot:
Perform a clean boot to narrow down the issue. This will help you identify if any third-party software is causing the crashes. Here's how to do it:
- Press Win + R, type msconfig, and press Enter.
- Go to the Services tab, check "Hide all Microsoft services," then click Disable all.
- Go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager. Disable all startup items.
- Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.
If you encounter any specific error messages or information in the Event Viewer related to the crashes, please share them here so we can further assist you in resolving the issue.

Solution
Back