Windows 7 Remote Call not working!!!

machinus

I built my dad a machine and enabled RCP on his computer. I also forwarded port 3389 on the router at his place so it would work. When I try to connect to his IP, the connection fails; when I try to use easyconnect, is says my connection isn't good enough, even though I pass every step of the MS connection test; when I use the invite method it says the password is wrong even though it isn't.

We're both using W7Pro and Dlink routers. What do I need to do to get RC to work?

This isn't my area really but I'll ask someone who may know...​

Hello machinus,

I had to take a leave for a while, I'm sorry for the delay.

A couple things to check is by going to Start > Run, and type services.msc.

Make sure the Internet Connection Sharing is started and enabled on both machines.

Also, right click on the Computer icon on the Desktop, choose properties, the select the Remote tab and verify that Allow Remote assistance connections to this computer box is checked.

Sorry, but I don't know that much about easy connect.

Do you receive a specific error message?. If so, please let me know what the exact error message states.

Hello machinus,

I had to take a leave for a while, I'm sorry for the delay.

A couple things to check is by going to Start > Run, and type services.msc.

Make sure the Internet Connection Sharing is started and enabled on both machines.

Also, right click on the Computer icon on the Desktop, choose properties, the select the Remote tab and verify that Allow Remote assistance connections to this computer box is checked.

Sorry, but I don't know that much about easy connect.

Do you receive a specific error message?. If so, please let me know what the exact error message states.

Further to the pm... Welcome back and thanks for the above..:D

Thanks guys, it's very much appreciated.

I'm sure you have done your best with keeping up on support issues with your extraordinary expertise and I appreciate that too.

See you soon:)

Back