remote desktop connection win 7 home

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Jerry McCallum, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Jerry McCallum

Jerry McCallum New Member

why cant i see the home button on the pc i connect to?

2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

What is "the home button" and where is it in respect to what you are seeing in your remote desktop window.
    If you are talking about the "Windows 7 Start Orb", are there scroll bars present in the RDP window, are you running in a window or full screen mode?
    It may be an issue with the screen resolution on the remote machine vs. your machines resolution. You may need to experiment a bit to get it just right.

3. Jerry McCallum

ty sorted
    just one more. is there a way so i can see what is on my pc2
    hang on
    pc1 is win 7 pro
    pc2 is win 7 home prem
    i use pc 2 to connect to pc 1
    when i do it logs off user on pc 1
    is there a way to use pc2 to connect to pc1 and keep the screen up
    instead of going to log on screen.
    ie wwe see the same so i can show the pc1 use how to do things?

4. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Short answer is No.
    What your are descirbing (shadowing a console session) is not supported in the environment you have described above.
    However; there are many third party software products that will do this quite well.
    I personnaly use TeamViewer which is available for free for personal non-commercial use.
    Other suggest that CrossLoop is a good option. There are several that will do the same thing you just need to decide which one you prefer.
    For a paid commercial use version I highly recommend GoToAssist Express by Citrix there is a 30 day trial. I have personally used this and like it a lot but it is kinda pricey, unless you are doing a lot of remote support that you can recoup the expense.

5. Jerry McCallum

i do have team viewer and i am using it. just wondered if there was another way. ty for the help