Remote Desktop Internal server error?

jasoncrcsd

I have 2 servers I cannot RDP into. The error is "An Internal Error Has Occurred" On these servers if I console on them I can use RDP to connect to other servers but not to themselves. I have checked evertying in the below article even removed and readded them to the domain. I'd rather not have to set up new servers for just this. Is there any solution?

How to Fix RDP Error : An Internal Error has Occurred?

I understand that you are facing an issue with remote desktop access to two servers, and you receive the error message "An Internal Error Has Occurred." I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

You mentioned that you have already followed the steps outlined in the article you shared and even removed and re-added the servers to the domain. Since those steps did not resolve the issue, I will provide you with some additional troubleshooting steps to try:

1. Check the server's event logs: Open the Event Viewer on both servers and check for any relevant error messages or warnings under the "Windows Logs" > "System" and "Application" logs. Look for any events related to RDP or remote access and investigate the details for potential clues.

2. Verify RDP settings: Make sure that remote desktop is enabled on both servers. You can check this by going to "System Properties" > "Remote" tab > "Remote Desktop" section and ensuring that "Allow remote connections to this computer" is selected.

3. Firewall and antivirus: Check the firewall settings on the affected servers and ensure that the necessary rules are in place to allow RDP connections. Additionally, if there are any antivirus or security software installed, temporarily disable them and check if it resolves the issue.

4. Group Policy settings: Double-check the Group Policy settings related to RDP. Run "gpedit.msc" on the servers and navigate to "Computer Configuration" > "Administrative Templates" > "Windows Components" > "Remote Desktop Services" > "Remote Desktop Session Host" > "Connections." Ensure that the policies are not configured in a way that could block RDP access.

5. Network connectivity: Verify network connectivity between the affected servers and the RDP client. Ensure that there are no communication issues, such as firewall blocking or network configuration problems. Ping the servers from the client machine to check if they respond.

6. Check for any recent changes: If there have been any recent updates or changes made to the servers, consider rolling back those changes or checking for any potential conflicts with third-party applications or services.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it may be worth considering contacting Microsoft Support or your server provider for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps specific to the environment or be able to provide a solution.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Back