gav

I've spent two days trying everything to program my logitech remote under windows 7 media center. Everytime I get to the page where you see if the channel changes correctly it keeps putting a zero before the channel number I want to go to so it comes up with a bad channel. I'm all out ideas and don't know what to do.

Solution
It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with programming your Logitech remote for Windows 7 Media Center, specifically with the channel changing function. The problem you're facing where a zero is added before the channel number could be due to various reasons, but there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps for Logitech Remote Programming Issue:​

1. Check Remote Settings:
    • Ensure that the Logitech remote settings are correctly configured for your TV or set-top box. Make sure the device type and brand are set accurately in the remote configuration.
    []Channel Number Format:
    • Verify the format of the channel number you are entering. Some...
It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with programming your Logitech remote for Windows 7 Media Center, specifically with the channel changing function. The problem you're facing where a zero is added before the channel number could be due to various reasons, but there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps for Logitech Remote Programming Issue:​

1. Check Remote Settings:
    • Ensure that the Logitech remote settings are correctly configured for your TV or set-top box. Make sure the device type and brand are set accurately in the remote configuration.
    []Channel Number Format:
    • Verify the format of the channel number you are entering. Some devices require leading zeros or specific formatting for channel changes.
    [
    ]Software Update:
    • Check if there are any software updates available for your Logitech remote. Updating the remote's software may resolve compatibility issues.
    []Reconfigure Channels:
    • Try reprogramming the channels on your Logitech remote, ensuring that the correct channel numbers are saved without any additional zeros.
    [
    ]Compatibility Check:
    • Ensure that the Logitech remote is fully compatible with Windows 7 Media Center. Check for any specific requirements or compatibility issues.
    []Reset and Re-pair Remote:
    • Reset the Logitech remote to factory settings and then re-pair it with Windows 7 Media Center. This process can sometimes resolve programming issues.
    [
    ]Contact Logitech Support:
    • If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it might be helpful to reach out to Logitech customer support for specialized assistance. By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue with the channel numbers being entered incorrectly on your Logitech remote for Windows 7 Media Center. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!

Solution
Back