Windows 10 removed english keyboard and now can not log in to windows

eeze

hello, i need help. when i upgraded my win 8.1 to win 10 the system language was set to greek
by the installation i have tried several times to set it to english ( google and youtube videos ) but no luck.
now i have removed the english keyboard i left the laptop for a few minuetes and it hybernated requiring me to re log on the only problem now is that it only allows greek keyboard and my password is in english. can some one please tell me how i can log on and install the english keyboard. thank you very much for your help.

Hello. Wow! This is a bad one.

Did you configure a pin? With any luck, you might still be able to use the numeric keypad to log in.

Have you tried accessing on the on-screen keyboard option? This is accessed at the bottom right hand corner "Ease of Use" (Accessibility) option.

There may be a way to force the unicode English alphabet using shift-alt or something similar, but it is very difficult. There is still a chance to get in, but it depends on the complexity of the password. I can't be sure as I've never seen this one before.

Here is an option. Try booting into safe mode and change the language. Hold down the SHIFT key when you click on the Power button and click restart (whilst the whole time holding down SHIFT). This should boot you into Safe Mode with Networking where you may have a chance to change the default language back to English.

@nmsuk says your password will be the same keys but you'll just see weird characters. Re-enter the same password.

Here is an option. Try booting into safe mode and change the language. Hold down the SHIFT key when you click on the Power button and click restart (whilst the whole time holding down SHIFT). This should boot you into Safe Mode with Networking where you may have a chance to change the default language back to English.
hi thank you for your advice, i have tried the on screen keyboard that to is greek no luck there, i have tried hirens boot cd 15.2 the password reset tools don't work on win10. i have just downloaded kali linux i will give that a try tonight when i go home. i will try your suggestion about safe mode ,one idea that i have had is that i have a network drive connected to my network and i have made a notepad with the english password on it. i will try to see if i can copy paste the password by some means. thank's again for your advice. i will update when i have any news.

hi, problem solved.
1.enter bios disable secure boot change boot sequence make usb drive first option. save and exit
2.have a usb stick prepared with a bootable kali linux and plug in to laptop
3.start laptop press esc. to enter options and choose f9 to change boot order choose usb drive enter
4.kali will load choose kali live from options
5. when loaded open file explorer find your windows folder and open it
6.in windows folder go to system32 folder and then config folder and open it
7.in config folder right click mouse choose open terminal a command terminal will open
8. in cmd terminal type chntpw SAM (linux is case sensitive be sure to type it correctly)
9. follow instructions and activate admin account with no password you will see confirmation that it was done
10. quit . exit kali restart laptop , remove usb drive enter bios change boot order back to the way it was and enable secure boot , exit save changes and boot into windows now you will see 2 accounts your old one and a new admin account that does not require password .enter the admin account make changes in language options and all is fixed.

Back