Windows 7 Removing Vista praimary partition and keeping windows 7

ahd55

I'm very happy with windows 7 right now and I'm not using using Vista anymore. So, I want to remove it to save some space.
I tried to delete vista primary partition from disk managment but it says "Windows cannot delete this active system partitionon this disk "
Is there any way to delete vista partition ?

I'm very happy with windows 7 right now and I'm not using using Vista anymore. So, I want to remove it to save some space.
I tried to delete vista primary partition from disk managment but it says "Windows cannot delete this active system partitionon this disk "
Is there any way to delete vista partition ?

The quickway if you were willing is to reinstall windows and delete all partitions on hard drive and then install to a unpartitioned hard drive . That would be the easiest way :)

In this case I need to buy a new hard drive just to backup windows 7 partition C: and the D: partition then restore it in the new hard drive then extend the unallocated space to the D: partition.
I hope there is a simpler way to do it.

You could boot off a windows disk and when asked to partition your drives just delete the vista partition and restart your computer without continuing the installation. Or download GParted from GParted -- Welcome and burn that to a disk and boot from it to delete the partition

Back