Windows 10 Restore to earlier part of the day

lovinpsp

I have Windows 10 32 bit. Today I had to go out so put the computer to sleep. Just as I was doing that something came up and was gone but it had something to do with my Windows Live Mail. When I opened my computer, my inbox was empty and all my folders where I had saved important information were gone.
Is there a way to restore it back to an earlier hour today and get everything back? I don't know how to do this so I'd really appreciate "simple" language!! :scratch:

Thanks so much,
Carol (lovinpsp)

Hi Kemical:
Thanks for the link you sent me but that's not really what I'm looking for. I guess I didn't specify that it was Windows Live Mail I want to restore to an earlier hour yesterday. Somehow I've lost all my emails and folders with important information that I need to recover. Is that possible? I googed this same request and the response was to go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft and right click on Windows Live Mail, etc. I could only get as far as C:\Users\username and the rest wasn't there. Do you know of any other way to get my mail and folders back prior to 9:00 a.m. Friday, November 6th,2015?

Thanks,
Carol

Oops! Sorry Carol.. It sounds like you need to enable the hidden folders tab otherwise folders like 'Appdata' won't appear. In my screenshot below I've arrowed two ways you can enable the hidden folders:
options.jpg

This guide may help too:
How to recover email after deleted Windows Live Mail account - supportdatainc.com

Try this.
Click "file" -(Top left)
Click "Options"
Click "Mail"
Click the "Advanced " tab and then "Maintenance"
Click "Store Folder"
In the windows which appears, type
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
and press OK

Oops! Sorry Carol.. It sounds like you need to enable the hidden folders tab otherwise folders like 'Appdata' won't appear. In my screenshot below I've arrowed two ways you can enable the hidden folders:
View attachment 31230
This guide may help too:
How to recover email after deleted Windows Live Mail account - supportdatainc.com
OK: I think this screenshot will show you what I did and I clicked OK and nothing else.
Is there anything else I have to do?
Thanks,
Carol

Try this.
Click "file" -(Top left)
Click "Options"
Click "Mail"
Click the "Advanced " tab and then "Maintenance"
Click "Store Folder"
In the windows which appears, type
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
and press OK
Thanks; I did that. Is that it? Do I need to restart the computer now?
OK: I think this screenshot will show you what I did and I clicked OK and nothing else.
Is there anything else I have to do?
Thanks,
Carol
I forgot to send you the screenshot!!!

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 276
Your picture has nothing to do with Live mail?

My instructions were to be followed within that program??

I forgot to send you the screenshot!!!
Yup that's it. As it seem s there is some confusion with the two of us explaining things I'll bow out and leave you in Davids capable hands.

My picture does show WLM 2012.

Can you tell me, step by step, how you access your mail.? My picture shws the inbox window selected, but all look similar. I cannot tryuly understand why, as you say, yours looks very different.

Back
Top Bottom