Windows 8 Retailers report slow Windows 8 sales, low demand

First impressions are important and for many people the first one in Windows 8 is WTF is that mess.
Joe

Well, they have to try it to assess that, Joe. But with those early releases for testing, some may have done that. But I think the principle killer here was not the Metro screen but Microsoft publicity department. Remember that forums like this are mostly inhabited by computer nerds or, those with a little knowledge who like to interchange views. They probably number about 10% or considerably less of potential computer, OS buyers. The remainder of the buying population, if you look at the original blurbs and public comments, gave a very strong impression that Windows 8 was strictly for touch screen tablets. I do feel that was a blinder from MS.

First impressions are important and for many people the first one in Windows 8 is WTF is that mess.
Joe

I don't know if you're tried it at all, but with the little time I spent with it, calling it a mess is complimentary.

I feel the whole thing was a blunder by MS. They must have known before the first public beta the the metro wasn't popular with desktop users and just bulldozed it through anyway. Then the app store was a joke most of what they initally offered was crap if it even worked. They should have had some really well polished apps to show off. They also should have offered a video showing off the new features since it was so different from previous versions of Windows. They also annoyed some people by getting rid of Aero and Gadgets in the final release. Underneath it seems very stable and preformed well for most testers. I'm wondering how the secure boot UEFI thing is going to work out for people that want to dual boot. Is it really about securing the system or is it more about protecting MS from hackers who don't like to buy?
Joe

Back