Room Heaters

seekermeister

Honorable Member
Due to the fact that management of my apt. complex never turns on the central heat, until I start freezing, I need to purchase an electric room heater of my own. I have considered this for years, but each time I start shopping I can't figure out which would be best for me.

I understand that all of these heaters are limited to 1500 watts, but the wattage doesn't necessarily indicate just how much heat it's output would be, and most of the time the BTUs aren't specified. The prices ranges widely, but it appears that has more to do with style and features, rather than basic performance, which is all that I really care about. Is there a way to make a logical decision about this?

While not the best solution, you may want to compare the costs associated with each one. If unsatisfied with your purchase, you may want to shop retail for the return policy. Usually you would have 15 to 30 days to return the space heater. Make sure the store provides a no questions asked return policy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

For most people that advice might apply, but due to circumstances, I rarely go to any stores and make purchases online. The price seems to correlate with only style and features, which don't interest me. Some heater generate heat in different manners, like just simple heating coils, ceramic or infrared quartz, but I have no idea of whether those features are related to output, economy or ?

One of my buddies swears on the Eden Pure heaters. Says they do an excellent job and provide more heat than you might think for as small as they are. Their quality is way better than a standard space heater.

I've only scanned that website, but on first impression, the only difference that I see is that their prices are higher. The only one that fits into my performance vs price scenario is one that is lighter weight, making it less expensive, but also with a shorter warranty period. I would still consider it, if I can find some factor in black and white that makes it appear a better choice.

Back
Top Bottom