RTM Pro - (Most) Apps are not loading Only the splash screen! Help me!

cave

Hey I have got windows 8 RTM Pro on my laptop and a lot of the apps are not working for me.
For example the apps I cannot load (out of the ones I have tried)
Alpha
21(TwentyOne)
Wordfued
TuneIn Radio

all that happens with these apps are I see the splash screen but then it goes to blank screen (I noticed its the color of whatever style my metro page is)

I also have trouble with games. it opens fine loads my friends list but I cannot see there info/avatars its just there name and a grey avatar and when I try and click on games I just get a blank box opening up.

My resolution (MAX) is 1280 x 800

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hi,

the system requirements for Windows 8 are thus:

Windows 8: system requirements

Processor 1GHz or faster
RAM 1GB (32bit) or 2GB (64bit)
Hard disk space 16GB (32bit) or 20GB (64bit)
Graphics card Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher

Windows 8: additional requirements

To use touch A tablet or a monitor that supports multi-touch
To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps An active internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 pixels
To snap apps A display with a resolution of at least 1366 x 768 pixels

Another thing to try is the compatibility pages for Windows 8: Windows Compatibility Center: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads for Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows 7

If your sure your system is compatible can you post how you installed the os, on what media and if on disk, how fast was it burnt?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.