Windows 7 Save Services ?

Thank you for the information. I suppose, that then I could save the whole registry ?.
I have been told, that export the registry not ALL backs up settings for services.
Any comments on that ?

Export only that key to save services settings. Exporting the whole thing is not a good thing as all is not saved and so much changes every second you can mess up things trying to put back a whole if you see what I mean.
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Yes I see what you mean, Many thanks. The link shows interesting things too, thanks!

Do you have a link to the Service Disabler ?

It is included in that other app right now, just install and you can use just the services disabler part
When you first click Set Service also it will Export current Services to Se7en_UA\ zServices.reg.

Hello All,

i have written little program to export/import Windows Services Configurations.

here is a screenhot of it

Link Removed due to 404 Error

features:

• export/import into xml file
  • start/stop services
  • drag drop between the Listviews to easily configure to your likings
  • rightclick on a Listview item opens a contextmenu to jump directly to the Registrykey.
  • mousehover on a Listview item and you'll get the Registry Servicename displayed as a tootip.
  • if you have services installed other ppl dont have. It doesnt matter only shows/imports the services that are really installed.
  • tested and works on XP and Windows 7. Probably work on Vista too but not tested.
  • .net Framework 2.0 needed only important for XP users on Win7 this runs out of the box.

You should set a Restore Point if you dont know what you are doing and just in case.

I have included 2 xml Presets one for XP(no WLAN) and one for Windows 7(no WLAN and inspired by BlackViper.com)

There are about 7 services in Win 7 where the start parameter is not editable because of restricted access. These Services if you have selected them to be changed will be displayed in red. You can then rightclick and jump to the Registry and manually edit the access rghts.

here is the new version for download since i cant edit my old Post but Mike told me he will update my first post with the download link.

i added Start/Stop of Services as requested by Erik

hope this will work out for you

I hope that somebody can use the tool.

If there are Questions then dont bother to PM me.

PS: The displayed Services are in German because my OS is german ^^

jazz

i got a new version out with a little bugfix

and would be great to take out the link and post my site instead so the link will always be up to date

sry to bother you with this Mike and thx in advance

ServicesSuite

jazzsman

I appreciate very much what you have made. Thank you.

BUT if I want to change a setting by rightclick, and get what is shown in the attachment.
How to get rid of it ?

Attachments

• unhandledexception.jpg
    unhandledexception.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 590
Hey erikja,

how did that error occur? can u tell me the steps so i can track down the error?

would be great to know how it happened.

thx in advance

jazz

This download has been verified safe, virus free, and effective! Thanks, jazzman, for your contribution. I have awarded your our prestigious Problem Solver award for this post.

I received your reply, thanks a lot.
I can tell you, that I have administrators rights, so I wonder why.
But I will download the file, and see what's happens then.

I will keep you informed

Thanks a lot

When I first upgraded from '98 to XP, I began a "Love - Hate" relationship with those "Services".
That is, I love to hate them!

I wrote my own Batch file to disable services in XP, Vista and Win-7.
The batch file for W-7 is over twice the size of the one for XP.

I'm sure this new program will help others do what I did by trial and error, with far less angst.

Thank You
:cool:

Last edited:
Back