Windows 7 SCR File Type

maestro

Extraordinary Member
I installed a CAD program that reset the .SCR file type to open with Notepad. The .SCR is used with Screen Savers and I cannot initiate the Screen Saver that I use, it wants to open in Notepad and not execute. How do I remove or reset the file type protocol to a specific program? There are two set for .SCR and I would like to remove them both to have .SCR type in it's default state.

I do not have the option to select and reset the extension, Open With and would like to know how to restore or initiate this option.

I installed a CAD program that reset the .SCR file type to open with Notepad. The .SCR is used with Screen Savers and I cannot initiate the Screen Saver that I use, it wants to open in Notepad and not execute. How do I remove or reset the file type protocol to a specific program? There are two set for .SCR and I would like to remove them both to have .SCR type in it's default state.

I do not have the option to select and reset the extension, Open With and would like to know how to restore or initiate this option.

in win 7 go into cpanels>default programs>scr and set screensavers to open it as default.

Get the scr file association registry fix from here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back