Windows 7 Screen black install/Common problem can't get it fixed.

beezm

Alright guys. I guess I'll start with some system specs:

ECS Black A780GM-A rev.1.1 Mobo
AMD Phenom X4 9600 Agena 2.3Ghz
4GB G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1066
250GB Seagate SATA
AMD/ATi Radeon HD4850 512MB

I want to start with, this isn't a new build, I've successfully installed Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on this machine before. More than once in fact. I really don't remember having this problem the first time I installed Win7. Indeed I've tried reburning the image. But once again, I've installed from this same CD before. More than once.

Now when I get to the Win7 setup/install once it gets to Expanding Files (1%)... my monitor loses signal. Well some quick research brought me here and yes plenty of other people having this issue. My main search brought me to Computer screen goes black during the Windows 7 installation process that microsoft support link.
According to that it should fix the problem by connecting a second monitor. Well I've done this and no go. They both go out at the same time instead. Now what really confuses me is according to that link, my system is affected. Well why didn't it do this to me before :(

I haven't modified my gfx hardware since. I'm doing the USB drive thing now. But I really don't get why it didn't do this the last 3-4 times I've installed win7 on this system. My partitions are a little goofy I guess ? Could that have something to do with it ?

Thanks a bunch for any help.

UPDATE/EDIT:
Well now I'm having completely separate issues with this Autounnattend.xml file and my ati drivers on a usb drive. I'm just getting tossed a windows cannot calculate space error, after some research.. it looks like I have to set soem params in this file, but I have no idea what. I'm trying to get this installed to Disk 0 partition 2

Last edited:
Back