Windows 7 Serious help needed

Paulie

Over the past couple of days i've had a serious issue regarding boot up and slao an extraa 200mb partition that is non existant. Two days ago I was unable to boot up because it kept sticking just before the windows starting screen. Upon a fresh install i noticed that there were partitions (extra 2) which i had not created. I delete said partitions so I have one remaining. It saiys unallocated vol 0. So I press next for install and all goes well, installs fine blah blah. Ive done this several times now but after about the sixth boot it will stick. Now each and every time i go for fresh install the 200mb partition is back????? WTF. Any way I have checked disk management out and it is also there. I cant do nothing with it though because it wont let me. I've changed drives but to no avail. What is going on. I'm having to do fresh install every day because of this ghost partition which I cant delete. Does any one have any idea whats going on. Ive just installed x32 thinking that would help but...................................HELP!:confused:

The 200 MB partition is mostly needed by the OS, I wouldn't suggest you delete it as it will kill your ability to boot if not done properly. It contains backups of boot files, and important system files.

You don't say if you have other OS's on other partitions, do you ?

I ran into the same problem with the 200 meg partition, but solved it when I discovered my first partition, which has XP Pro, was leaving the Active status on, even though the partition was hidden.

Once I fixed that, I re-installed Win 7, no 200 meg partition was created this time, and now all 3 OS's ( XP Pro, Vista64, Win7 ) work fine ( using a hidden partition system with GAG as the boot manager )

Back