Service host DCOM service process launcher

Richard Allan

This process is using all available cpu resources and freezes the sessions for users
This is on server 2012r2 terminal server vm's.
Is it safe to stop this process and not screw things up for users?

It sounds like the vm server doesn't have a big enough swap file to handle the tasks you are asking it to do.

No stopping the dcom process will not solve the long term issue

It sounds like the vm server doesn't have a big enough swap file to handle the tasks you are asking it to do.

No stopping the dcom process will not solve the long term issue
Virtual Memory is set to 1208mb and is system managed. Should I manually set it higher

Should I manually set it higher
Yes

how much memory does the host machine have total?
how many V-machines are running on it at any one time?
Are you jumping from the host to the v-server because that uses more then just sitting on one or the other...

are we talking vmware (needs more ram) or hyper-v?

Bottom line is 1g ram is not allowing a 12r2 server to walk and chew gum... they need at least 3 and thats just a min.

It is a 2012r2 server farm of 4 with a connection broker server allocating where uses log in. Each vm has 8gb of memory allocated. I have upped the virtual memory on one of them to 4gb min to see if this one performs better. They are all ticking over nicely at the moment, but randomly one can have this issue and needs a restart to sort it out

True random is extremely rare in computers but can be caused by a faulty cpu… if it keeps up then I would pull one out of the cluster that has previously locked at least once and transfer/ run it on another physical host until it locks up again (not a faulty cpu) or convinces me the software set up is stable when running on another machine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom