Windows 7 Setting Path Environment Variable Does Not Work

Socar

I can add to the System Variable “Pathâ€Â￾, however it does not seem to have any effect on the command line. I have added “C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_05\binâ€Â￾ to the system variables however running I still get the following error:
‘java’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Last edited:
I can add to the System Variable “Pathâ€Â￾, however it does not seem to have any effect on the command line. I have added “C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_05\binâ€Â￾ to the system variables however running I still get the following error:
‘java’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

You need it to be 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_05\bin\', with the extra trailing backslash.

Hope that helped :)

Hi,

I've set c:\itools\ in my path environment variable. One exe file in that dir is found OK & executes, another exe file is not found "fatal: Can not find file"

This is on a 64 bit win 7 machine. If I use PowerShell instead of the dos prompt, both exe files are found OK. On another Win 7 (32 bit) machine both files are also found OK.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Andrew

Back