Windows 10 Settings won't open on first try

donb2012

Extraordinary Member
When I click on All Settings or right-click on the home screen and choose Personalize the screen pops open, but it's a blank screen, I would have to close that screen and re-open it a second time in order to see the actual All settings or Personalize menu screen. Any ideas as why?

Hi,
Sounds like it's a virus/malware attack, or windows corruption possible from the weekly W10 Tuesday push updates coming into your computer from Microsoft. About once a month or every other, MS will throw an update out that crashes hundreds of thousands of computer but takes weeks for the public to report it and for MS to put out a fix for it.

You can take a look at this Post I just wrote for a user with W7 problems; but the troubleshooting methodology is virtually identical. See here: Why does windows 7 take forever to shut down

If you're the type of person that likes to go for a shotgun quick fix, make sure that you first FIRST BACKUP ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA! THIS WOULD INCLUDE YOUR LIBRARY FOLDERS FOR DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS, MUSIC, VIDEOS, AND ANY SAVED E-MAILS OR ATTACHMENTS IN ORDER TO AVOID IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS!!!
and then attempt a System Restore using W10 built-in utility. If you don't have this enabled on your computer (and W10 does NOT have this feature turned on by default!), you can use one of the more aggressive software repairs mentioned in my GUIDE above after you perform hardware testing. System Restore works like an "undo" button for your windows. If you have a virus or registry corruption, you can "rollback" your windows to a point in time before your computer began having the problem. If you are unaware of this nifty little tool, it's worth attempting. It can often produce a positive result with a minimum of time and effort; about 2-3 hrs. and you're good to go! :up:

Best of luck,
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>> :cool:

Back