Windows 8 Setup Wizard not connecting to internet

Marc Anderson

I am trying to download directx to my computer. Once the setup wizard starts to run the install an error message pops up and says that I need to connect to the Internet to continue. The funny thing is that I am obviously connected to the Internet since I am trying to download it off of the Internet. I also tried to save the install file to my hard disk, but it will not do it . I have tried downloading in both IE and Chrome. Any ideas?

Why are you downloading directX? Are you downloading it for a piece of hardware you've recently installed. The latest directX version comes installed with windows.

• DirectX 11.2 is included in Windows 8.1, Windows RT and Windows Server 2012 R2.
    Note There is no standalone update package for DirectX 11.2. You can only install this DirectX version through Windows Update in Windows 8.1, Windows RT and Windows Server 2012 R2.
  • DirectX 11.1 for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1:

Reference link: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113/

Thank you all for your responses. I was trying to install it for music editing program which listed that as a system requirement. I did not realize that it was already installed on my machine. I was able to find out that I have version 11 already.

Run your MS updates from the control panel and see if an update for that is listed.

Back