Windows 10 sharing a 3d printer

LT72884

Ok, so i have a random question. I have the davinci jr 1.0 printer. I went into windows 10 control panel, right clicked on my printer, then i hit share. I assigned my printer the name of Junior

Ok, now on my laptop that is in the other room, i added a networked printer using the ip or hostname option. so i typed in

\\LIMATANGO-PC\Junior

OR

\\192.168.1.101\Junior

Windows 10 adds the printer and can see it just fine. Even the default windows 10 3d print software detects the printer.

here is my issue, xyzware(the propriatery software for my printer) is asking for an ip and not a hostname like above. Now, i do know the IP of my LIMATANGO-PC which is 192.168.1.101 but that is not the IP of my printer. I have looked in all properties and settings of the printer and can not find an ip address for it. it has to have one or i would not be able to share it. Do you guys happen to know where it is stored?

In the pictures, you can see that my laptop in the other room sees the printer just fine and that it detects it. The pics also show how it only lists a hostname and not an ip.

thanks.

Its driving me nuts.

Attachments

• only hostname listed no ip.png
    only hostname listed no ip.png
    33 KB · Views: 244
  • shared printer.png
    shared printer.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 223
  • windows sees it on the network.png
    windows sees it on the network.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 246
If the printer is plugged directly in the the other computer then you'd use the computer IP since it's shared out and your computer is acting as a print server.

If the printer is plugged directly in the the other computer then you'd use the computer IP since it's shared out and your computer is acting as a print server.
hmm, i tired that and the software can not find the printer at all. Im wondering if it is a my software form the company.

I haven't worked with 3D printers, but if they require proprietary software they may not share like a normal printer. If the printer has an available wired Ethernet or wireless option you may need to connect it to your network. You could use a tool like nmap to scan your network and identify the printers IP address.

ill try nmap. i LOVE LOVE that program. use it with kali often, but i need it for windows 10.. it does not have a nic in it. just good ol usb. i tought it would work just like old printers that had no nic capabilities, but im begining to think i need to contact xyzprinting.com and let them no to fix it haha

thanks

Back