Windows 7 Sigmatel Stac92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver Sound Problem, Crackling, Corrupting Files

compman

Hi I have A Dell XPS 420 with a Sigmatel Stac92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver and I was running Windows Vista X64 SP1 and everything was working fine.

I just recently installed Windows 7 RT Build 7100 and the Generic High Definition Audio Device Driver Installed and all types of media play, but it's causing a crackling sound in my audio and not only that it actually corrupts the file so if I were to play a MP4 on my XBOX 360 it also has the crackling noise even if the file was originally fine.

I don't know the last Sigmatel Driver that was on my Vista Build but I tried a few of them and even tried in Vista install mode but none of them work & I tried all the codecs packs that I always install and still nothing.

What should I do and is this a driver problem that's causing the crackling noise and corrupting my files or is their something else to this please help because it's driving me crazy?

please download the latest Realtek hd audio drivers v2.33 sigmatek no longer do drivers for their hardware but realtek does it instead

Back