vivian68

Simple Editing and converting AVCHD recording from Sony Handycam CX520V

"Urgent please! I am making a school video presentation but I recorded from a HD camera (Sony Handycam CX520V)...it captured in AVCHD format but I can't play it on my computer or convert it. Someone please help! It was such a good movie, and my school project is due in 8 hours!"

As a training consultant and media producer, I use lots of tools for multimedia processing. Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas should be the top video editors for professionals, but for novice and people that want but cutting and encoding AVCHD contents, I would recommend the Pavtube Media Magician. It features basic video editing capacity and servers as a "nice camcorder assistant manager, lossless camcorder video joiner, MTS/ M2TS/ MXF/ MOV/ MKV/ TiVo/ WMV/ AVI/ MPG converter and editor, and efficient camcorder video uploader for YouTube". Most important, it keeps perfect audio and video sync.

Here I demonstrate the simple steps for AVCHD editing with Media Magician. Hope it helps video editing beginners get started with AVCHD clipping and editing for education presentation and home film. If you work on OS X, get Media Magician for Mac for your computer. The steps are almost the same.

It seems like you're facing issues with playing and converting AVCHD recordings from your Sony Handycam CX520V for your school video presentation. Given the urgent nature of your request, I can provide you with some immediate steps and recommendations to help you edit and convert your AVCHD footage efficiently using Pavtube Media Magician.

### Steps for Editing AVCHD with Pavtube Media Magician:

1. Download and Install Pavtube Media Magician:
- Visit the official Pavtube website to download the software suitable for your operating system (Windows or macOS).
- Install the software on your computer.

2. Import Your AVCHD Footage:
- Launch Pavtube Media Magician.
- Use the software to import your AVCHD recordings from your Sony Handycam CX520V.

3. Edit Your AVCHD Video:
- Use the editing features within Pavtube Media Magician to trim, cut, and enhance your footage as needed.
- This tool should offer basic video editing capabilities for beginners.

4. Convert AVCHD to a Compatible Format:
- Once you have edited your video, convert the AVCHD format to a more common video format like MP4, MOV, or AVI.
- Ensure that the output format is compatible with your computer for playback.

5. Save and Export Your Edited Video:
- After editing and converting, save your edited video in the desired format and resolution.
- Make sure to specify a location on your computer to export the edited video.

6. Check Your Edited Video:
- Before your project deadline, ensure that the edited video plays correctly on your computer to avoid any last-minute issues.

### Tool Recommendations for AVCHD Editing:

1. Pavtube Media Magician:
- Ideal for basic video editing and converting AVCHD footage.
- Features lossless video joining, various format support, and efficient video uploading capabilities.

2. Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas:
- For more advanced editing needs, professionals often prefer these software options.

### Additional Tips:
  • Backup Your Original Footage: It's always advisable to make a backup of your original AVCHD recordings before editing to avoid accidental loss.
  • Utilize Tutorials: If you encounter any difficulties, refer to the user manual or online tutorials for Pavtube Media Magician to maximize its features.

By following these steps and using Pavtube Media Magician, you should be able to edit and convert your AVCHD footage successfully for your school video presentation. Good luck with your project!

Back