Windows 8 Sitting in Windows 8 Pro (MSDN) and can't figure out how to install Media Center

5mall5nail5

Hi all -

I have a legit Windows 8 Pro key from my MSDN subscription and I am enjoying Windows 8. I went to "add features" so I can get Media Center installed but it says "That key won't work..." But I am activated and it's 100% my key as I see it in my MSDN log in.

What gives?

Hello and welcome to the forums.
I am in the same boat with a TechNet source for the Windows 8 RTM install.
Evidently the resource component is not working presently for anyone, at least not that I can find out right now.
Maybe give it a couple days and see if they get their ducks in a row.
Regards
Randy

The Media Center had a separate key with Win 8 RP. I assume your subscriptions also have a separate key for Win 8 MC.

I am using the Win 8 Enterprise Evaluation copy, and unfortunately this copy does not have Media Center. Oh well, I don't use it much anyway.

Thanks to both Dave and Ted.
Unfortunately I have not been able to find any separate key for Media Center on TechNet as of last night.
Haven't check yet today. I'll get around to it shortly and post back.
Randy

Nothing yet with respect to any availability or information by way of TechNet...... but,
I did stumble on this thread in another forum and about the seventh (7th) post down a member there (RONIN ONI) references two keys the are suppose to support the installation of Media Center in Windows 8 Pro.
I'll let you decide if you want to give that a try or not.
Good luck and best Wishes
Randy
Windows 8 Media Center MCE

Nothing yet with respect to any availability or information by way of TechNet...... but,
I did stumble on this thread in another forum and about the seventh (7th) post down a member there (RONIN ONI) references two keys the are suppose to support the installation of Media Center in Windows 8 Pro.
I'll let you decide if you want to give that a try or not.
Good luck and best Wishes
Randy
Windows 8 Media Center MCE

Don't bother with the above. You'll get media center alright but you'll end up out of luck when it comes to activation time.
Just goes to show you beware of information that is out there on the internet.
Regards
Randy

Beware!!!! Maybe Trouble's post should be a very large sticky?

That "fix" is going around the internet. Microsoft have hacked the hack. It will make your new key obsolete and deactivate the OS.

Back
Top Bottom