Windows 7 slow internet

pedrodiaz

im paying for 1gbps but speed test dont even reach 100mbps, hard wired right to my modem/router too. can some one guide me if i need settings changed

What kind of cable are you running, if it's not CAT6 you are being limited by the ethernet cable. Even though let's say you are running CAT5e, most NICs and Routers still limit them to 100, when technically they can go 1000.

I'd say one of the following
  • You're not actually signed up for 1Gbps speed
  • The modem doesn't support that speed
  • The cabling as @Grimreaper1979a suggested is not Cat 6
  • You're trying to connect wirelessly. Even newer MIMO AC routers won't hit 1Gbps or you're using an older wireless router
  • Mismatched duplex and/or speed settings on your nic

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, SO I NARROWED IT DOWN TO EITHER THE CAT 6 CABLE CAUSE IM USING A CAT5 E OR MISMATCHED DUPLEX AND OR SPEED SETTINGS ON THE NIC. I WILL TRY THE CAT 6 BUT FUNNY YOU MENTION THE NIC CAUSE I TRIED TO GO IN AND MESS W/ IT. THE OPTION TO SWITCH TO 1GB WAS THERE BUT WHEN I DID SPEED TEST NO CHANGE ONLY WORST SO I TINKERED WITH THE AUTO DISABLE GIGABYTE CAUSE I WAS CURIOS TO PUT FROM THAT OPTION TO THERE WAS A RELINK BATTERY OPTION BUT TO NO AVAIL. SOME ONE ELSE SAYS ITS JUST THE CABLE, I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AND PUT THOSE SETTINGS BACK TO DISABLE GIG AND TO NEGOTIATE WITH USING THE CAT 6 FIRST THEN WE WILL SEE.

What kind of cable are you running, if it's not CAT6 you are being limited by the ethernet cable. Even though let's say you are running CAT5e, most NICs and Routers still limit them to 100, when technically they can go 1000.
THANKS FOR YOUR REPY AND TIME FOR THE HELP FIRST OFF, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT AND I WILL BUY THE CAT6 BUT WOULDNT THE TEC WHO INSTALLED THE 1GBPS SERVICE KNOW THAT?

The internet was too slow in me and it was the old modem, they changed the modem, it was fine, if you wouldn't update the modem it would change.

Back