Windows 10 Slow Start up

Youngbilly

Hi there

I have recently bought a new pc with many component upgrades to my old one but my old computer used to be able to boot windows in 10 seconds from when I push the power button and it was completely functional. But now on my new pc with much better hard ware It takes around 1 minute to get to my desktop then around 1 to 2 minutes before I can do anything because its just stutters and is unusable

Any help on how to fix this would be very much appreciated

Make sure all the drivers are up-to-date
Update Firmware (BIOS/UEFI)
Run sfc /scannow
run chkdsk /r

Hi there

I have recently bought a new pc with many component upgrades to my old one but my old computer used to be able to boot windows in 10 seconds from when I push the power button and it was completely functional. But now on my new pc with much better hard ware It takes around 1 minute to get to my desktop then around 1 to 2 minutes before I can do anything because its just stutters and is unusable

Any help on how to fix this would be very much appreciated
Fast Startup causes Windows to take 110 seconds to load when it otherwise takes 20 seconds. Right-click the battery icon in the taskbar, click Power Options, and click Choose what the power buttons do in the left sidebar. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable and uncheck Slow Startup.

Back
Top Bottom