Windows 7 SmartHeap Issue with W7

Ed Dixon

I have an old tool, Norton Navigator, that I still use. Yeah, I know it's ancient, but it still does some very useful things for me.

It has previously worked fine in all versions of windows. However in W7 I get SmartHeap Library - MEM_BAD_POINTER errors on a somewhat random basis. Google search has not yielded any info yet. Any ideas out there?

Ed

yeah, GET RID OF OLD CRAP, AND UPGRADE TO NEWER SOFTWARE! sick of hearing people whine about xp! for every program out there, there is a newer better version of it, if you bother to look for it. quit living in the past ,and get with the present and future.

quit living in the past ,and get with the present and future.

If I were living in the past I wouldn't be here working with W7. If I had found a better newer product that does the same things, I'd use them. I havent.

I also tire of hearing folks defend W7 in areas where its clearly week and the marketing buzz is just that, marketing buzz.

I have no doubt that W7 will have a fairly good future and that many on XP will end up there sooner or later. I also think W7 is what Vista should have been, and would have been, had MS not had it's head up it's backside...

Ed

Hi Ed,
if it is still relevant, just find in the Net the file SH30W32.DLL (ver. 4.0) and replace the existing one in the folder of Norton Navigator. Don't forget to check for viruses.

Back