Windows 7 'Snapshoting' windows 7 so any reboot reverts to last image?

personalt

I have a windows server that runs a program called SageTv and acts as my VM Server. I have the server exactly the way I want it. In a perfect world I want this server to act as an appliance and never change.

I have imaged it with Acronis and can revert back if needed. But I was wondering if there is any way to have windows 7 automaticly revert back to an image on restart.

Are you using Hyper-V as your virtualization appliance, or are you using some other product? Either way, I would need to know what you are using.

I am running VM Ware server on the box
Link Removed - Invalid URL

The trick though is I am not trying to make the virtual instance revert back to a snapshot on restart. I can do that with VMware and I am sure you can do that with hyper-v. I am trying to keep the server that runs VMware and a application called SageTV consistent with its image so that on each restart it goes back.

I appreciate any ideas you might have. Thanks..

I do not see or know of a way to specifically revert to snapshot on restart using VMWare Server, however, by using the vmrun command, you may be able to do it at specific intervals. If you know exactly when the virtual machine will be used, you could create a script to do it using vmrun. Check and see:

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vix160_vmrun_command.pdf

Back