Windows 7 Some problems I encountered on my HP DV1000 notebook

suprra_girl

Initially I was having lockups trying to set up my dual screens, it froze a few times but it saved my settings anyway. I was trying to turn off the notebook screen and use my lcd tv.

Windows live messenger causes it to lock up every time a minute onto desktop

As posted already, full screen on youtube locks it but right clicking and unchecking hardware acceleration works.

Rating my system causes me to freeze also

Other than that it's working a treat! :)

1.8ghz processor
1gb ram

I do miss:
Not being able to move the "my documents"
Closing Not responding windows and not ending up with an incapacitated windows lol
Explorer doesn't refresh/reload itself
I have to use trillian in place of messenger :eek:
Windows media player - did we go back in time??? It looks like version 5 LOL I prefer the version 11 look

I loaded xp drivers for a couple of things that didn't install - ac97 modem & multi card reader and they installed, the modem didn't go so well and 7 asked about installing in compatibility mode and then installed fine.
When the "computer" has a problem you can right click, troubleshoot and it will pretty much fix it or tell you how... did windows ever do this successfully prior to now??? LOL

I understand it's beta but I say +1 to windows 7 :)

Anyone else got the same messenger problems?

Last edited:
Hi... wondering if you can help? I cant get sound working on the HP DV1000 laptop. I have a driver installed and it works, only through the headphone / speaker jacks at the front. Did you have any problems? What sound card driver did you use?
Any help would be great.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom