Windows 7 Some questions in subnet masking..

ZeraX

Hi
first i'm really sorry since i don't know where to post this
and i know this is not the place, but i thought to try.
there they are:
======
Subnet Mask: 255.255.192.0
1)Which Class ?
2)Valid Host range ?
3)how many subnets does this mask provide ?
4)what are the valid subnets ?
5)what are the invalid subnets ?
6)what is the broadcast address for each subnet ?
7)range of hosts for each subnet ?
8)what are the total number of hosts in the network ?
======
yes it's a homework
if someone tell me how to solve each question that would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance

ZeraX:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
That is an 18 bit subnet mask, which is normally applied to class B networks, but can also be applied to class A networks or used to SuperNet class C networks.
Look here and check the information regarding /18 bit subnet masks in each of the given network applications this should also answer your questions about max subnets and max hosts. Make sure you read the chart notes for useable nets and addresses. No broadcast and no network addresses usesable so normally subtract two. Use this online subnet calculator and enter the IP address you are wanting to subnet and add your mask 255.255.192.0 and click the calculate button and that should help answer most of your other questions.
Hope this helps.
Randy

Last edited:
I've attached a zip file of exercises on subnetting I used to give my students. The zip file contains three Word docs:

1. Questions
2. Solutions
3. Extended explanation of the solutions

They won't answer your specific question but if you have the time and inclination may help you understand the subject better and work out your own answers. Good luck - and enjoy!

Attachments

• subnetExercisesAndAnswers.zip
    69.7 KB · Views: 430
thanks patcooke
these will help.
however, if someone can answer my questions step by step that will solve my problem.
i can't understand a thing from our teacher, not just me the whole class
no one from my friends can understand or even answer them,
that's why i'm seeking help here
and she gave us a 10 another addresses to solve for 4/5/11

anyway thanks for the help

i can't understand a thing from our teacher, not just me the whole class
no one from my friends can understand or even answer them,
It is a quite difficult topic and takes time to work thru. I can well appreciate that you and all your class are finding it a challenge. It would be all too easy to answer the problem for you but if, as you say, the entire class is finding it difficult it would be bst to get back to your teacher with a request to go thru the topic more slowly and in more detail.

you want her to yell at us once again by saying "we took this for weeks and still you don't understand it" after 5th time she put us in private address lesson.
we are all confused.
plz someone solve these questions, or just tell me how to solve them.

Back