Windows 7 Something new ybout the different versions

UBF

Something new about the different versions

This week, in London, Microsoft said there will be a special version of Win7 for netbooks (mini-notebooks) and sub-notebooks. But it is not clear if this version will be available just like that for purchase.
And there definetely be at least one version for private computing and also for companies and small business.

From where: CHIP-Online (german computer magazine) [I guess you guys know now where I'm from... :razz:)

Regards,
UBF

Last edited:
This week, in London, Microsoft said there will be a special version of Win7 for netbooks (mini-notebooks) and sub-notebooks. But it is not clear if this version will be available just like that for purchase.
And there definetely be at least one version for private computing and also for companies and small business.

From where: CHIP-Online (german computer magazine) [I guess you guys know now where I'm from... :razz:)

Regards,
UBF

Would make sense since the changes to the scheduler now enable it to move processes to other CPU's thereby freeing up processors to go to sleep and save battery life.

Regards,
UBF

THe question about Windows in eeePCs is how the HD is handled. In the future these SSD disks will have a larger market share. The OS should work so that the system folder should be R/O. It should work even if burned to DVD.

Eagerly waiting for this kind of profiling of Windows. Separated version for different users: gamers, multimedia, office, laboratory, browsers, jettops, school, servers, homeservers, artworks...

In eeeBuntu we have a possibility to select the Base version and download from the net what we really need. We even have a possibility to remove parts of the system and reinstall them later if need be. That is great way of of building a system.

THe question about Windows in eeePCs is how the HD is handled. In the future these SSD disks will have a larger market share. The OS should work so that the system folder should be R/O. It should work even if burned to DVD.

Eagerly waiting for this kind of profiling of Windows. Separated version for different users: gamers, multimedia, office, laboratory, browsers, jettops, school, servers, homeservers, artworks...

In eeeBuntu we have a possibility to select the Base version and download from the net what we really need. We even have a possibility to remove parts of the system and reinstall them later if need be. That is great way of of building a system.

There's a huge new effort at Microsoft heading to what they're calling MIN-Win where just exactly what you describe is underway. Checkout Microsoft TechNet: Resources for IT Professionals

Back