Windows 8 Sometimes BSOD after Reboot

Kenji Tamada

Hi,
I regulary get BSOD on reboot of the system. The problem has not bothered me much so I lived with it for a year now. In the last few days the problem occured more often so I plead for your help^^.
Usual BSOD is : Driver Power State Error
Also seldom : Driver Corrupted Expool
I attached the W7F and RAMMon data in the zip
Thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• W7F_01-03-2015.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 498
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe001aab412d0, ffffd000a8578960, ffffe001aa8b7e10}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you have a number of different driver related Bugchecks and nearly all mention the Nvidia driver as a culprit. You also had a Bugcheck A naming the Touchpad driver as the cause.
I checked the support page for your machine to see if any driver updates were available as laptop drivers are almost always supplied by the manufacturer. It does look like that there are later versions for almost every driver.
The dates for the Nvidia GPU driver (on the support page) are different to the one you have installed with the version on the support page being younger by some months. Did you get the currently installed driver straight from Nvidia itself? In any case I would try the earlier version on the support page.
Try and update everything including Bios although be extra careful that it's the correct download for your machine:
http://www.toshiba.co.uk/innovation...search=&action=search&macId=&country=8&page=1

sptd.sys Thu Oct 31 15:26:53 2013: Daemon Tools driver/Alcohol 120% can cause issues. If the bsod continues consider removing.

TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64.sys: AVG TuneUpUtilitiesDrv. Please either update or remove.
http://www.tune-up.com/support/

You'll notice below that I've highlighted two anti-virus apps which could be conflicting. If the bsod continues I'd remove one. (even if the bsod stops personally I'd still remove one and change it for something like Malwarebytes)
aswHwid.sys Thu Nov 06 12:55:01 2014: Avast AV
mfeavfk.sys Fri Aug 02 00:41:25 2013: McAfee Anti-Virus File System Filter Driver

Post any new dump files.

Just updated as many drivers(Bios, sound, wireless) as possible and downgraded the nvidia one.
As for Tune-up: the software tells me it´s up to date (got 2013) and an upgrade to 2014 would mean rebuying it. Is the 2013 version unstable to use?
If I understand your post correctly, you say that I have McAfee installed?
That was the preinstalled AV which I removed and switched to Avira.
Will run an removing tool for McAfee now, wish me luck^^
Once more thanks for the help

Sounds good Kenji.. :) Good luck and if the bsod returns simply post back.

the computer became blue screen reminded you that there are some virus on your computer, or there is something wrong with the system. you can use the aomei backupper to recovery system to solve the problem.

Back