Windows 7 Sony VAIO VPCF2290X random BSOD

Another thing that struck me is before you fitted the new RAM were you still getting bsod's?

Yes, don't you remember that I found those issues in memtest86 with my old RAM?
That's why I bought the new RAM.

I thought you'd perhaps had removed a stick and were not getting any bsod's although i could well be getting your case mixed up with another I answered recently. How is the system doing with one stick removed?

Working fine for the moment, but it's too soon to tell (I've seen it bsoding after a few days of working non stop).

Hmm... If it seems fine try alternating the slots in which the single stick is inserted. If you find you suddenly bsod after swapping slots then there is a good chance a slot might be bad.

Some of these details are history for myself... Using a single sodimm, placed on the lower memory slot it eventually BSOD, attached are the details. Same issue in the dump?

After the bsod, I placed that same sodimm in the other slot (the upper one). We'll see how that fares.

Cheers

Attachments

• W7F_06-05-2014.zip
    664.4 KB · Views: 275
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8039aeb19c5, 0, 41}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!UserProcessDwmInput+168 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
the above had a exception code of 0xC0000005 which means a memory access violation occurred.
Causes:
Faulty device driver or system service. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.

See how you go now you've changed slots. If you don't see a bsod then it could that the slot was/is bad..

Maybe both slots are bad (one worse than the other)? Today I've got 2 bsods. Attached are the dumps. I'm curious about the error.

Attachments

• W7F_07-05-2014_1.zip
    690.3 KB · Views: 247
  • W7F_07-05-2014_2.zip
    696.1 KB · Views: 242
Same as the above. Did you try swopping sticks to see if the bsod still occurred? (in the same slot of course)

Plus can you check that the bsod's still continue if you remove this driver:

rimssne64.sys Thu Oct 21 02:33:06 2010: RICOH Memory Stick driver

Last edited:
For the reference, I'm buying a new laptop since the bsods never went away.
Kemical, thank you for trying to help me out.

Thread closed.

Back