Windows 7 Soon-To-Be Laptop Buyer.

Karlo

I plan on buying a brand new laptop with the included OS stating: "Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (32bit) (includes recovery partition for Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit)" Does that mean it comes with Windows 7 64 bit?? If not, What do I do to get the 64-bit version?

"Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (32bit) (includes recovery partition for Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit)"

I am not sure what this means. I would ask them to install the x64 version before I buy it, or I'd look for another laptop with 7 x64 already installed.

Thats certainly a weird combo... what if the scenario arises where needed recovery and wanted 32bit back on..."oh dear yea screwed"??? not to mention isn't the licence is different with 32bit and 64bit versions so are they offering 2 licences???

I'm really keen on buying THIS particular laptop and all the sellers says it's included with the same thing of course. So yeah. what should I do? And what the hell is this recovery partition ****?

I'm really keen on buying THIS particular laptop and all the sellers says it's included with the same thing of course. So yeah. what should I do? And what the hell is this recovery partition ****?

A recovery partition is essentially a hidden portion of hard drive thats been created as a alternative to giving you an actual DVD copy of windows which is usually loaded holding a certain key when first loading the pc, and there's pros and cons to the idea....the pros are you'll not have to find the windows dvd cos it's always there on the hd and the speed is far quicker than reading from dvd. The cons, if the partition is formatted by accident or damaged you essentially lose it forever, and you loose about 4gig of you main hard drive although thats a very tiny amount these days.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that it should be the same content as dvd windows 7, so yes it will have all builds on the recovery HD partition, however the serial key you have is what locks it to a certain version.

Back