Windows 7 sound card not working

miranda5

Hi, new to this...

I have a realtek driver installed and am not getting any sound, just instaleld the newest one from their website.
click on REaltek audio HQ mgr in ctrl panel and I click on my 5.1 setting but no speakers come up to test.
There is no sound.
There are no conflicts in Device mgr .

I uninstalled and updated my driver, but it didnt help.
I click on audio HQ in ctrl panel and it says there is no audio devie that is compatible with this software.
But I was using realtek before...
confused!

Also...MAYBE I downlaoded the wrong driver form Realtek (that may be it) which one do I take. The comp was originally a Vista, but I am using Windows 7 now instead...

tx
Matt

Last edited:
It seems like you are facing issues with the Realtek audio driver on Windows 7 and are unsure about which driver version to install. Let's address your concerns step by step:

### Troubleshooting Realtek Audio Issue:

1. Driver Compatibility: Switching from a Vista to Windows 7 system might require a driver update. It's essential to ensure that you have the correct driver version that is compatible with Windows 7.

2. Missing Speakers for Testing: When you select the 5.1 setting in Realtek Audio Manager and no speakers are available for testing, it indicates a potential configuration issue.

3. Error Message in Realtek Audio Manager: The message stating that there is no compatible audio device could be due to a driver mismatch or incorrect configuration.

### Steps to Resolve the Issue:

1. Identify the Correct Driver:
- To find the right driver, you should visit the Realtek website and locate the compatible driver for Windows 7. Make sure you download the driver specifically designed for Windows 7.

2. Driver Installation:
- Uninstall the current Realtek driver completely before installing the new one. Use a tool like Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to remove any remnants of the previous installation.
- After the old driver is removed, install the newly downloaded driver.

3. Device Manager Check:
- After installing the new driver, check Device Manager to ensure that the Realtek audio device is recognized without any conflicts.

4. Realtek Audio Manager:
- Launch Realtek Audio Manager after installing the new driver to configure the audio settings again. Ensure that the correct audio output device is selected.

5. Testing Audio:
- Try playing some audio or video files to test if sound is now working properly.

6. Update Windows:
- Make sure your Windows 7 operating system is up to date with all the latest updates and service packs.

### Selecting the Correct Driver:

To assist you in finding the correct driver for your Realtek audio device on Windows 7, I can search for the recommended driver version for your configuration. Would you like me to proceed with this search?

Back