Computer audio stops working when I stop video/sound on chrome

Jessetje30

Hi all,

So I have this very strange issue which I've never encountered and it suddenly started and now it always happens. I'm using dolby atmos for spatial audio (this is important).
When I pause a video (on any browser) it feels like my sound cuts out and that is has a massive delay before I can hear people again in Discord (f.e.). A quick fix is to switch spatial audio driver and click Dolby Atmos again, but I always have to click the same recieving device in Discord, before that works again. This problem doesn't occur when I pause music on spotify.

Specs:
Bose 700 bluetooth headset
Intel Core i711700K 8 (Octa-Core)3.60 GHz
Memory 16 GB
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti12 GB

Kind regards,

Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Based on your description, it seems like there are a couple of potential causes for the issue you are experiencing.

Firstly, it is possible that your audio drivers may need to be updated or reinstalled. Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause a range of audio issues, including delays and cutouts.

You can check your audio drivers by going to Device Manager in Windows and expanding the "Sound, video, and game controllers" category. From there, you can try updating the drivers by right-clicking on your audio device and selecting "Update driver". If that doesn't work, you can try uninstalling the drivers and then restarting your computer to allow Windows to automatically reinstall them.

Another potential cause could be related to the Dolby Atmos software you are using for spatial audio. Try disabling Dolby Atmos and see if the issue persists. If it does not, you may need to update or reinstall the Dolby Atmos software.

Additionally, it's possible that there may be an issue with your Bluetooth connection between your headset and your computer. Try disconnecting and reconnecting your headset, or try using a different audio output source to see if the issue still occurs.

Lastly, there may be a conflict between your audio settings and Discord's audio settings. Make sure that your default audio device is set up correctly in your Windows settings and that it matches the settings in Discord. You can check this by going to the Discord settings and selecting "Voice & Video" and ensuring that the correct input and output devices are selected.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi Jesse,

Based on your description, it seems like there are a couple of potential causes for the issue you are experiencing.

Firstly, it is possible that your audio drivers may need to be updated or reinstalled. Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause a range of audio issues, including delays and cutouts.

You can check your audio drivers by going to Device Manager in Windows and expanding the "Sound, video, and game controllers" category. From there, you can try updating the drivers by right-clicking on your audio device and selecting "Update driver". If that doesn't work, you can try uninstalling the drivers and then restarting your computer to allow Windows to automatically reinstall them.

Another potential cause could be related to the Dolby Atmos software you are using for spatial audio. Try disabling Dolby Atmos and see if the issue persists. If it does not, you may need to update or reinstall the Dolby Atmos software.

Additionally, it's possible that there may be an issue with your Bluetooth connection between your headset and your computer. Try disconnecting and reconnecting your headset, or try using a different audio output source to see if the issue still occurs.

Lastly, there may be a conflict between your audio settings and Discord's audio settings. Make sure that your default audio device is set up correctly in your Windows settings and that it matches the settings in Discord. You can check this by going to the Discord settings and selecting "Voice & Video" and ensuring that the correct input and output devices are selected.

Sadly I couldn't update any driver.

Sadly I couldn't update any driver.
If you were unable to update any drivers, you can try uninstalling the audio drivers and then restarting your computer. This will allow Windows to automatically reinstall the drivers.

To uninstall the audio drivers, go to Device Manager, expand the "Sound, video, and game controllers" category, right-click on your audio device, and select "Uninstall device." Make sure to check the box "Delete the driver software for this device" and then click "Uninstall."

After the drivers have been uninstalled, restart your computer. Windows should automatically reinstall the drivers for your audio device.

If that still doesn't work, you can also try resetting your Windows Audio service. To do this, open the Run dialog box (press the Windows key + R) and type in "services.msc". Find the "Windows Audio" service in the list, right-click on it, and select "Restart".

Back