Windows 7 Sound issue

david thor

I bought a cpu off a guy and everything is working good except the sound, I've tried putting up drivers and switching the default playback, can any expert help me in TeamViewer?

I would do the following to rule out computer hardware.
  • Download a copy of Ubuntu Get Ubuntu | Download | Ubuntu
  • Use Rufus to create a bootable USB
  • Boot to the USB and select the Live Ubuntu option
  • Test sound
  • If it still does not work then you probably have faulty hardware or in BIOS the audio device could be disabled
  • If the sound works I would at the driver in Device Manager if you haven't already

I would do the following to rule out computer hardware.
  • Download a copy of Ubuntu Get Ubuntu | Download | Ubuntu
  • Use Rufus to create a bootable USB
  • Boot to the USB and select the Live Ubuntu option
  • Test sound
  • If it still does not work then you probably have faulty hardware or in BIOS the audio device could be disabled
  • If the sound works I would at the driver in Device Manager if you haven't already

I tried downoading ubuntu and I tried ubuntu without installing ubuntu, sound didn't work there, in my oppinion I don't think It's a faulty hardware but It is a possibility. I've updated drivers in device manager, but there is a software DriverNavigator which always says I have outdated Realtek High Definition Audio driver and the software want to download a driver that is 81.9mb even when device manager says I have the right drivers, I can't download the driver cause I just have the trial.

Here is a picture of how everything looks like: http://oi63.tinypic.com/2d2jalz.jpg

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Crosshair V Formula (Socket 942) is the motherboard and I'm trying to reach the soundcard from it.

I tried looking at BIOS the sound is not disabled.

If it doesn't work in Ubuntu, that basically rules out anything to do with Windows.

Can you contact the seller and see if he had this issue or did something to disable the sound.

He said the sound worked fine when he gave me the computer, very strange, he has a personal warranty though so we are going to solve the problem most likely tomorrow or next day. With a new computer or this one fixed, If he fixes this I'll tell you how he did it.

Back
Top Bottom