Windows 7 Sounds not Working!

SansCowz

I, Recently upgrade to Windows 10 And I've seen technical issues with it.
So I Downgrade to Windows 7 And The Update was Very fine I've tested it.
But My Volume Won't Speak up Anymore I Tried Anything Nothing works

Here's I Tested
-Updating Sound Video and game controllers
-Setting my Headphones and speaker to Default
-Highs Up My Volume
-Checks the Volume Services

The Issues Has Not been Fixed Scene 1 week
So If anyone Knows the Issue.
I Really Appreciate it.

Thank you!.

Hi,
try going into your device manager.

Find the audio device and roll back the driver.

Post back if it doesn't work.

Can you post the make and model of your computer please.

Is this a custom computer or brand name and make and model please? Obviously driver got whacked in the downgrade.
You need to tell us what the computer is and then go to manufacturer's website and download the chipset driver and install first and then audio and video drivers for the motherboard in that order.

Did you use Windows to downgrade from within Windows during the 30 days of using Windows 10? Or did you do a "system restore" type install for Windows 7 with original OEM type restore media that might have come with your PC? If you reverted back to Windows 7 within 30 days you must not delete the Windows old folder despite what a lot of tech websites will tell you and there is a reason for that. It could be as simple as you need to reinstall your sound drivers properly

It's important to post here what the brand/make/model of your PC is, and also "how" you downgraded to Windows 7 from Windows 10. Before you go updating any specific driver types it's best to know exactly what we're dealing with here.
So before you go installing chipset or any other type drivers lets get this information first.
Self Built or pre-built OEM-Type PB?

Make and/or model number or Pre-built

If not Pre-Built motherboard/processor type-model/video solution

Here is a good format for listing basic specifications
---------------------------------------------

Here is an example of an OEM-Pre-Built PC

Dell XPS 8700
I5 4460 CPU
16GB DDR3 1600
NVidia GTX 745
Dell 460W PSU

Here is an example of a custom built PC

Asus M5X99X EVO
AMD FX 8320 CPU
HD 7970
8 GB DDR3 1866
650W Corsair PSU

Here is a free tool that will give you the specifications that you can post in forums.

SPECCY

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Last edited:
Did you use Windows to downgrade from within Windows during the 30 days of using Windows 10? Or did you do a "system restore" type install for Windows 7 with original OEM type restore media that might have come with your PC? If you reverted back to Windows 7 within 30 days you must not delete the Windows old folder despite what a lot of tech websites will tell you and there is a reason for that. It could be as simple as you need to reinstall your sound drivers properly

It's important to post here what the brand/make/model of your PC is, and also "how" you downgraded to Windows 7 from Windows 10. Before you go updating any specific driver types it's best to know exactly what we're dealing with here.
So before you go installing chipset or any other type drivers lets get this information first.
Self Built or pre-built OEM-Type PB?

Make and/or model number or Pre-built

If not Pre-Built motherboard/processor type-model/video solution

Here is a good format for listing basic specifications
---------------------------------------------

Here is an example of an OEM-Pre-Built PC

Dell XPS 8700
I5 4460 CPU
16GB DDR3 1600
NVidia GTX 745
Dell 460W PSU

Here is an example of a custom built PC

Asus M5X99X EVO
AMD FX 8320 CPU
HD 7970
8 GB DDR3 1866
650W Corsair PSU

Here is a free tool that will give you the specifications that you can post in forums.

SPECCY

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Here's The Picture of My Operating system's

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Please reply

Hi SansCowz. Thank you for posting that screenshot for SPECCY it helps tremendously. Going to the download page for drivers for your mainboard I don't see anything at all listed for your audio solution (VIA) for Windows 10. Just onboard LAN and not much else .You have the VIA VT1708 Audio controller. I found updated Windows 10 drivers here.

Direct Link VIAArena download Windows 10 VIA VT1708

Hi @SansCowz We are all volunteers here on Windows forum. We all have different time zones. I don't know @William B's time zone, and not sure when he will see your reply and long on again. I don't know how to help you; but if you have patience, I'm sure someone will help you solve this problem and @William B will reply latter.;):) I know how hard it is to wait for a reply when you're having a problem, but we all are volunteers here and we have jobs and wed have to sleep!;):D
Welcome to the forum!

Hi,
remember me?

Please open the run box and type 'dxdiag' without the quotes. Save the information, zip it up and post, thank you.

Now I am getting confused. Did William give you a driver for Windows 10? I thought you had restored back to Windows 7 which is why I gave you Biostar drivers for Windows 7 which should work unless I misread this all (which is more than possible). The only OS for that board that has audio drivers seems to be Windows 7 and as William says there are few drivers for Windows 10 making me speculate it can't really go to Windows 10.

If you actually did downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 then Kemical asked you to run dxiag to test if your sound hardware is actually physically working within the OS itself. There are sound drivers of course listed in the Biostar site for your motherboard for Windows 7.

As far is the board being able to work with Windows 10 it should be ok, but may offer flaky functionality unless a clean install was done, and it would primarily be using default windows drivers. I have known many with Intel H61 boards that upgraded to Windows 10 just fine though it can vary by brand and model or the bios itself. Most H61's are ok with windows 10 from what I have seen.

If you actually did downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 then Kemical asked you to run dxiag to test if your sound hardware is actually physically working within the OS itself. There are sound drivers of course listed in the Biostar site for your motherboard for Windows 7.

As far is the board being able to work with Windows 10 it should be ok, but may offer flaky functionality unless a clean install was done, and it would primarily be using default windows drivers. I have known many with Intel H61 boards that upgraded to Windows 10 just fine though it can vary by brand and model or the bios itself. Most H61's are ok with windows 10 from what I have seen.
OH WAIT!!... BioSTAR FIX MY PROBLEM THANK YOU!!!!!!

Back